November 06, 2014
ES&S on Election Day: Serving 3 of Every 5 Voters Coast to Coast
On November 4, millions of Americans exercised one of their basic democratic rights – the right to vote for their government representation.
As the leading election company in the United States, Election Systems & Software (ES&S) was proud to play a crucial role in the 2014 General Elections by providing equipment and support to more than 4,500 election jurisdictions in 41 states.
“ES&S is passionate about the Election Day responsibility we have to our customers and their voters and taxpayers,” said Kathy Rogers, Senior Vice President of Government Relations. “Every election is our opportunity to ensure that our customers are able to tabulate ballots accurately and efficiently so voters’ voices are heard.”
Supporting elections in thousands of polling places is a huge undertaking for the company. These facts and figures show how ES&S’ efforts are integral to supporting our democracy:
- Roughly 109 million of the 186 million registered voters (about 60 percent) in the United States use ES&S equipment
- More than 2,400 of the 3,140 county governments in the United States are ES&S customers
- ES&S has 14 statewide voting system customers and seven statewide voter registration customers
- More than 300,000 pieces of ES&S voting equipment will be used this Election Day, including more than 17,200 DS200 ballot scanners and vote tabulators deployed in nearly 300 election jurisdictions
- 435 associates and contractors will provide site support for 314 elections
“No other election company can match the level of professionalism and enthusiasm we bring to the election process," Rogers said. "We take great pride in helping ensure democracy for the citizens of our great nation."