2012 Presidential Election
- More than 50 million ballots were printed by ES&S for the 2012 presidential election.
- 11,258 audio files were processed, which equates to 923,805 words. That is the same as 127.98 hours of audio or 5.33 full days of audio file reviewing.
- Technical Support at ES&S headquarters consumed 48 cans of Mountain Dew® and 10 pots of coffee while working the election
- PowerProfile, one of ES&S' voter registration systems, hosted information for more than 13.4 million registered voters.
- ES&S supported jurisdictions that were affected by Hurricane Sandy. We provided those districts with tents, generators, and gasoline while providing our standard election support.
- Tabulators go through extensive testing before they are released. They withstand even the toughest weather conditions like Hurricane Sandy.
Being popular isn’t always enough. Four times in U.S. history, the presidential candidate who won the popular vote lost the election:
- In 1824, Andrew Jackson lost to John Quincy Adams.
- Samuel Tilden lost the election to Rutherford B. Hayes in 1876.
- In 1888, Grover Cleveland lost to Benjamin Harrison.
- Al Gore lost to George H.W. Bush in the 2000 election.